When the Reading Terminal Market inaugurates its farmers' market this Sunday, some producers new to the city will field stalls.
Although Cherry Grove Farm's cheeses have been available at the RTM's Fair Food Farmstand for a couple of years, the Lawrenceville NJ producer has never sold directly to consumers in the city, to the best of my knowledge. Their cheeses are excellent, but they'll also be selling organic beef, pork, lamb and eggs.
Other vendors in the early lineup (more may be added) include:
- Steve Bowes Family Farm. Eggs along with vegetables, berries, tree fruit, eggs, cut flowers, seedlings and other plants.
- Jack’s Farm. Organic vegetables, herbs, cut flowers, seedlings and chicken.
- Derick's Orchard. Preserves, baked goods, vegetables, berries and, as the season progresses, tree fruit and melons.
- ShellBark Hollow Farm. A familiar name to city farmers' market shoppers. Goat cheeses, yogurt, and milk.
- Two Gander Farms. Produce, eggs and honey.
- John & Kira. Chocolates.
- Sweet Roses Twisted Lemonade. Herbed lemonade.