Headhouse, Fairmount among the first for 2010
The Headhouse Square Farmers' Market begins the new season with its opening tomorrow at 10 a.m. The Fairmount market, also sponsored by The Food Trust, starts its season Tuesday afternoon (3 p.m.) at 22nd and Fairmount. From then, other markets will start their seasons through May and into June.
For full schedules, visit these websites:
All Markets, Farm To City
Philadelphia Markets, The Food Trust
Suburban Markets, The Food Trust
When Headhouse opens tomorrow, one of the new vendors will be Renaissance Sausage. Basically, a lunch truck. They'll be offering Country Herb, Mediterranean, Chicken and Vegetarian sausages.
Here's the expected roster of other vendors:
- Produce: AT Buzby, Queen's Farm, Three Springs Fruit Farm, Savoie Organics, Weavers Way Farm, Culton Organics, Happy Cat Organics
- Meats: Griggstown Quail Farm, Mt. View Poultry
- Dairy: Hillacres Pride, Patches of Star Dairy, Birchrun Hills (Birchrun also offers some meats)
- Baked goods: Wild Flour, Ric's Breads
- Flowers, plants: Longview Farm, Young's Garden, Hurley's Nursery
- Other: John & Kira's Chocolates, Joe Coffee, Busy Bee Farm, Stargazers Vineyard, Talula's Table